What does Caring Congregants do?
Caring Congregants is a wonderful committee whose sole purpose is to help members of our congregation and our families with children in the Center for Early Childhood Education.
Through Caring Congregants we:
- Visit the ill and send R'fuah Shleama (get well) cards
- Take home cooked meals to people in crisis on a temporary basis
- Provide programming concerning crisis management
- Reach out to bereaved families by calling immediately upon notification. We will offer to stay at the house to wait for food that might be delivered while family is attending the funeral. We will often visit the house of shiva, send sympathy cards and let the family know about Cantor Green's bereavement support group.
- Volunteer to drive people to appointments and functions.
- Enable congregants to perform mitzvot by calling them to enlist their help w/providing meals. These meals are prepared in congregants' homes and then delivered to the Beth Or freezer.
To find out more about this committee or to volunteer to help, please contact Ellen Werther at firstname.lastname@example.org